Important things to know before you start treatment
- Female patients tend to respond faster to a single treatment. The abdomen in women typically contains the most active fat cells, thus will respond to a single first treatment.
- Avoid fasting or the body will go into “starvation mode” and will be more resistant to the release of stored fat.
- Avoid heavy meals within 2 hours before and after treatment.
- Be prepared to drink plenty of fluids afterwards to facilitate lymphatic stimulation.
- Avoid carbonated and alcoholic beverages during your treatment period.
- Exercise: You should perform at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise within 24 hours after the treatment to metabolize the released fatty acids that have been mobilized through the lymphatic system. We recommend exercising within 4 hours of treatment if possible.
- Consider contraindications or other medical issues that may impact the results of this “one off” treatment. Some medical disorders that may reduce first treatment response such as thyroid-, immune-, lymphatic related conditions, pre menopause, menopause, diabetes and infection (including viral).
- Schedule your appointments 36-72 hours apart.
- Eat sensibly. Nutritional and weight loss programs are available at Synergy Lifestyle Center to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
- Females: two piece bathing suit, or spandex with a sports bra.
- Males: Shorts.
- This will facilitate the laser pad placement in the treatment areas, lymph node stimulation lasers placed in the inguinal crease as well as before and after measurements.
Designed by Cody Boggs | Copyright 2012 MedSave Clinic